This is our journal about our happy, little rural life... our daily adventures and mishaps as we live in this modern society, with all of its wonder & horror. We are g r o w i n g each day; learning to live happier lives, making c h a n g e s that will effect ours & our children's future.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Playroom DISASTER

Last night, my husband & I decided to let the boys play unsupervised in their playroom while we watched a movie.  Little G had already fallen asleep.   The playroom is directly next to the living room & we kept the door open- audibly checking on them, making sure they were still alive, not hurt and happy.  From the sounds coming from their playroom, they were having so much fun together... exploring, going on adventures,... pretend time was at an all time high.  My husband & I kept laughing & smiling at each other as we heard the boys play.  They're so cute together.  It was nice, relaxing.  We watched a movie together (well, about 3/4 of it...).
And then, they were quiet.  A little too quiet.  I peeked into the playroom to visibly check on them and teared up.  I kind of wanted to cry, but laughing seemed easier.  It was a complete DISASTER!  Their parent-free adventures had turned the room & all the organization into chaos.  Dinosaurs had walked through Elmer's glue, leaving tracks everywhere.  They had finger painted the roof of the little silo.  There was a quite beautiful painting made with a combination of poster paint & half a bottle of glue that broke free of the boundaries of the paper, onto the wood floor.  The toy box and stuffed animal basket were emptied and my older son was inside of the one of them, smiling "We're having Adventures!".  His little brother, the artist, was beginning a second masterpiece, saying "I making Art!"  And the Legos.  Those Legos!  At least 200 pieces of choke-hazard plastic scattered all over the place!  Rrrrr.
Deep breath.  Deep breath.........  Those 45 minutes of relaxing with my husband were totally worth it.  I gave them a bath, wiped the glue off the floor & turned off the light.  We finished our movie & went to bed.
This morning, before any of them woke up, I finished the clean up.  It took an entire hour... an entire hour out of my precious morning-prep alone time, but the playroom had become a danger zone and I wanted it taken care of right away before I had to do the heimlich maneuver on the baby.  Order in the playroom is now restored.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment