This is our journal about our happy, little rural life... our daily adventures and mishaps as we live in this modern society, with all of its wonder & horror. We are g r o w i n g each day; learning to live happier lives, making c h a n g e s that will effect ours & our children's future.

Saturday, May 25, 2013

3rd Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge: Day 6

Well, tomorrow is the last day of handwashing flats, and it's not even that exciting- using only flat diapers, hand washing and line drying them isn't that bad!

During my cloth diapering experience, I've found that pocket diapers are my favorite traveling diaper.     For this challenge, I was able to pre-stuffed pocket diapers with 2 flats pad-folded - it works really well.  No fiddling around, trying to re-stuff a cover, find the Snappi, etc.   Diapering on the go with 3 kids in tow needs to be quick and easy!

I've also recently grown to appreciate disposable liners for traveling purposes- when poopy diapers won't get cleaned until several hours later, liners make the job much more manageable.  Since I wasn't able to use disposable liners for this challenge, I used the fleece liners I made from cutting up a cheap fleece blanket.  That has worked well, especially since we are dealing with a stomach virus here and have plenty of dirty diapers!

I know my grandma is looking down from Heaven & she still probably thinks I'm crazy for using cloth diapers, especially flats...  But the truth is, it's not that hard & I love that we are using something reusable, healthy & CHEAP!


Read more about this awesome diaper challenge here:
Dirty Diaper Laundry 3rd Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment