This is our journal about our happy, little rural life... our daily adventures and mishaps as we live in this modern society, with all of its wonder & horror. We are g r o w i n g each day; learning to live happier lives, making c h a n g e s that will effect ours & our children's future.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

3rd Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge: Day 3

It's day three and the Flats and Handwashing challenge is going quite well.  I've been a fan of flat diapers for over a year, but hand washing was my challenge.  It's actually not too bad!  They wash out very easily in the camp-style washer we made.  A few months ago, I washed flats & line dried for two days in a hotel bathroom without this camp- style washer & it wasn't bad at all.  Tonight will be my first time drying hand washed diapers indoors.  Since I'm sure they'll be dripping wet, I plan on moving my accordion drying rack into the bathtub.

Line drying diapers with Little G.


I had a little fun with fleece!  I decided to cut up a cheap fleece blanket into stay-dry inserts to lay on top of Little G's diapers.  It was so easy to cut the fabric, no sewing needed.  It kept her bottom dry for nap time and made washing out poopies super easy too!  I also make a quick, cute little headband with scrap fleece.

A Flip one-size cover in Bubble, with a simple stay-dry liner made from a cheap fleece blanket.


A fleece headband, for fun.  I couldn't resist.

Read more about this awesome diaper challenge here:
Dirty Diaper Laundry 3rd Annual Flats and Handwashing Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment