This is our journal about our happy, little rural life... our daily adventures and mishaps as we live in this modern society, with all of its wonder & horror. We are g r o w i n g each day; learning to live happier lives, making c h a n g e s that will effect ours & our children's future.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Fast forward

Well, a lot has changed since my last post.  I am now a busy mother of three!  My little girl is now 10 months old and she has filled our hearts to the top!  Her big brothers have been so wonderful & loving towards her.  It's been nice having a little pink in the laundry.

This past Fall & Winter held lots of excitement for us.  My husband returned home from his deployment from the Middle East & was Finally able to hold his daughter!  She was 3.5 months old when he made it home.  I'll always remember he first time he held & kissed her.  The boys and I were so completely happy to have him home.  He had planned a trip for us- Disney World.  The boys had SO MUCH FUN!  They still talk about it almost everyday!  Even little G rode quite a few rides!  Having their daddy home for Christmas was a blessing.  We also extracted our first sizable amount of honey from our hive.  That was fun & delicious.  I'll have to make another post on that.

Before all the bags were unpacked, we started to make progress on our house... starting from scratch, no utilities, just the land.  My husband & I decided to be our own contractor.  We also decided not to get a mortgage.  So for us, that meant the process would be slower and we'd be doing quite a bit of the work ourselves.  We are still under construction, but thankfully the house is dried in now. It has been kind of crazy & hectic... a whirlwind of excitement & totally worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment